Coordinator, Programs & Community Relations
The Northstar Residents Association (NSRA) has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly organized individual for the position of Coordinator, Programs & Community Relations. This will be a part time position of approximately 25 - 30 hours per week with the possibility of growing into a full time position.
Reporting the General Manager, The Coordinator, Programs & Community Relations will oversee all drop-in and registered programs, day camps, and special events. Utilizing research and resident feedback, the candidate will evaluate existing NSRA programs, create and develop new programs/events and provide exceptional customer experiences.
- Build meaningful relationships with NSRA residents & community stakeholders/partners.
- Design, deliver and provide oversight to a full complement of programs and special events for NSRA members.
- Develop regular feedback and evaluation mechanisms to ensure continuous improvement.
- Provide ongoing development, support and evaluation of staff.
- Establish and maintain social media and other NSRA communication strategies designed specifically for NSRA.
- Successful candidate should possess post-secondary education in a related field with 2 to 3 years of programming/communications experience
- Demonstrated experience in organizing, designing and implementing programs and special events for preschool, children/youth and adults
- Relevant experience in social media and communications strategies
- Advanced oral and written communication and demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Highly organized with strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certifications.
- A Police Security Check – Vulnerable Sector valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request)
Position pays $20.00/hr - $25.00/hr based on qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is Monday, April 2, 2018.
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume on or before Monday, March 12, 2018 by email to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.