Important Information about NSRA & COVID-19
To Our Valued Members & Neighbours:
We recently sent out communications regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Today we wanted to provide a quick update to let you know, in further detail, how the NSRA is prepared to assist our community with the present situation.
Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Deena Hinshaw issued a statement indicating the following:
· All gatherings of more than 250 people should be cancelled
· Gatherings less than 250 can proceed as long as risk mitigation is in place including sanitizer stations, ensuring guests that may be ill stay home and distance themselves from attendees.
· Restrict any travel to outside the country
· If you are currently outside of the country, self isolate for 14 days upon your return
· Any Albertan who is ill with flu-like symptoms such as fever and cough, stay home for up to 14 days after their illness started
As a result of this new information, and in order to stay in line with the direction from the Province, the Northstar Residents Association Ltd. has made the decision to cancel the Easter Shell-ebration that was scheduled for Saturday, April 11. While we are disappointed, we take the health and safety of our Members seriously and hope to do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have many more events scheduled for the upcoming year and look forward to many more opportunities to connect with you!
While our programs are still running and we are operating business as usual, we recognize that each of our members needs to put their health and safety first. As a result, while we are not cancelling our programs, should any members, registered in the current session of programs (March-April), Spring Session (May-June) or Summer Camps (July – August) wish to withdraw their registration at this time, we will provide a full refund with no administration fee. You may also leave a credit on your account to be used for a future registration or rental date.
If you have a rental at the NSRA booked, you may also cancel any time prior to your rental and receive a full refund. Again, you may also have the returned amount as a credit on your account to be used at a future date.
At the Panorama Hills Community Centre, we are taking steps to help mitigate the risk through increased cleaning and disinfection of publicly used areas and surfaces. As of now, our registered programs are still running and will continue to do so until such a time that the appropriate organizations deem it to be not recommended.
How Can You Help?
- Always stay at home if you are sick
- Viruses like COVID-19, are spread through contact. Update your regular greeting to one that involves minimal or no contact like a wave or elbow bump.
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap
- Use proper coughing/sneezing etiquette, by coughing or sneezing into your upper sleeve or into a tissue that is properly disposed of and followed immediately by hand washing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used objects and surfaces
- If you think you have symptoms of COVID-19 (runny nose, fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing (Severe cases)), call 8-1-1
- Get information regarding COVID-19 from reliable sources including Alberta Health Services or the Public Health Agency of Canada
The health and wellness of our community is important to the NSRA. Take these steps to protect yourself and your family not only from COVID-19, but from colds, the flu and other viruses.
For more information you can visit: http://ahs.ca/covid
The NSRA Team